2.22.2011

Welcome to My Blog of Old Movie Insanity!

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by. I am, by all ways and definitons, an Old Movie Fanatic. I grew up watching old Disney movies and old television shows that my parents had taped. I love performing--singing, acting, dancing, playing instruments, etc. I'm very into vintage stuff--cars, clothes, music, and of course, movies! I love the glamour of Old Hollywood and think that much of what Modern Hollywood puts out today is c-r-a-p (with very few notable exceptions). I think talent it less today than it used to be. I know glamour and class are. I have very firm ideas about what entertainment is and what it should be. You don't have to take anything I say seriously, especially if it offends you. :) And I'm not going to be wishy-washy about my opinions here, so some of it probably will--or at least, you'll find yourself disagreeing with me, which is perfectly okay. I happen to think that people can disagree and still be the best of friends, and I expect all visitors to behave with a modicum of class and etiquette while they're here. That doesn't mean you can't express your opinions, just that you'll have to clothe them in politeness before you publish them on my site. :)

My favorite Old Hollywood actors/entertainers are Jerry Lewis, Jimmy Stewart, Jack Lemmon, Gregory Peck, William Powell, James MacArthur, Cary Grant, Peter McEnery, Ray Milland, Gene Kelly, Charleton Heston, and James Darrin (lots of J's). My favorite actresses are Audrey Hepburn, Ginger Rogers, Myrna Loy, Hayley Mills, Jane Powell, Doris Day, Claudette Colbert, Linda Darnell, Loretta Young, Judy Garland, Janet Munro, and Shirley Temple.

I love musicals. Most of what I post here will pertain to old films/tv shows/music/movie stars, but there will be the occasional trip into Modern Hollywood--because yes, even that has its finer points....once in awhile. Enjoy yourself and look around. I would love to hear from you!

Oh, by the by, I adore the phrase "motion pictures"...whenever I write or read it I can almost hear Arlene Francis on What's My Line? asking the mystery guest if they're famous. Yes, I am a Total Nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment