2.24.2011

Actors Named James Are Amazing

Seriously. I've started noticing that pretty much any actor I admire (from Old Hollywood, that is) is named James. Take a look:




Jimmy Stewart

I adore Jimmy Stewart. He is handsome and talented and romantic and plays the best characters, and always seems so down-to-earth. I think of him as the "guy next door". I will watch any movie Jimmy is in. :D



James MacArthur

I love James MacArthur. I guess  you could say he's my second favorite of the "Jameses". Of course I grew up watching him in the Swiss Family Robinson. *sigh* And I loved him in  the Truth About Spring, with Hayley Mills. I guess I just like him personally, too--I wish I could see more of his work. I was very sad to hear of his passing on October 28th.


James Darren
Is he not the cutest thing on earth? Ever since watching Gidget, I've had a crush on James Darren--he's a good actor, not just a hunky heartthrob, and he sings too! And get this--he's still performing! *sigh* I love Moondoggie.....




James Mason

James Mason is just cool. Seriously. He plays the villain so well, and so creepily! Check out North by Northwest or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. He's amazing. I seriously admire his talent.


 James Cagney

The man can do anything! Watch Yankee Doodle Dandy vs. Mister Roberts. 'Nuff said.


James Dean

I'm not an enormous James Dean fan but I do admire the guy's talent. He obviously had something and it's just a pity that he never had the chance to fully realize his potential. Plus you can see his first film role in a Martin/Lewis movie! (Sailor Beware, 1952)


 James Garner

I love James Garner. He's just too cool. Not only can he hold his own against the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Doris Day, but he plays the too-cool-for-fighting hero to perfection (and he's very, very handsome). Support Your Local Sheriff, anyone?


 James Coburn

He creeped me out in Charade. Then I found out he was the voice of Waternoose in Monsters, Inc. How cool is that? Plus, he has the extra added benefit of being Jerry Lewis's fake twin. : D

Is that not the CREEPIEST?

No comments:

Post a Comment